Cosplay Weapons Policy
- No functional props or weapons are allowed at Fortress. Live firearms (including airsoft types) functioning or decommissioned are not permitted.
- Replica firearms, metal, solid resin/plastic/rubber are not permitted. All firearm weapons and props are to be rendered inoperable and are required to have an orange safety tip at all times.
- Nerf weapons must be inoperable & must not fire any form of projectile.
- String-operated props and weapons must be unstrung or strung with low-tensile thread.
- Arrows must be soft blunted tips. Made of foam & cardboard only.
- Metal swords, knives, spears & bladed weapons are not permitted. Likewise, any sharp implements (eg, needles, glass shards, syringes, etc.) are not permitted.
- Stilted costumes may be prohibited in certain areas of Fortress, in particular areas such as the Tavern & the LAN Lounge where ceiling clearance is too low.
- All props must be checked & Peace Bonded by Fortress Handlers.
- Peace bonding is the inspection of Cosplay weapons & props & the indication to all staff that the prop meets all the above requirements. A zip tie will be attached to the prop in the least intrusive way but in a manner that is notable to staff.